Monday, March 1, 2010

2 Conversations

#1
Jeff: Why is there half a glass of orange juice on the coffee table?
Jill: Because you poured it this morning, drank half, and then left it there.
Jeff: Are you sure? Are you sure someone didn't break into the house while we were gone?
Silence
Jeff: Because I've read about that happening before.
Pause
Jill: No, I'm pretty sure it was the way I said.

#2
After watching an episode of Mad Men where Don Draper dismisses someone from his office by saying, "That will be all.":
Jill: I need to start saying "That will be all" when I don't want to talk to someone anymore. It's so rude, yet so polite at the same time.
Jeff: I'm going to start saying, "That'll do pig, that'll do."*
Jill: Not to me you won't asshole.
Jeff: There's no need to get crude about it.


*Babe reference that you hopefully caught. (thanks Erik)

5 comments:

Tib said...

totally got it~

Erik said...

Babe, not Charlotte's Web.

Betsey said...

I think when Edie is screaming mad, you should try the line on her.

lindsey. said...

After yet another rough night with Marina, these convos were just what I needed. You two are so entertaining.

Kathleen said...

I had to cover my mouth I was laughing so hard.