Monday, June 8, 2009

Daily Note: June 8, 2009

After about a bajillion irritating Comcast experiences, I just .... wait for it..... cancelled our cable TV! I'm feeling just a little bit like a life long smoker who's decided to go cold turkey - euphoric and terrified.

The rational is as follows:
1. I hate Comcast.
2. I hate how much TV I watch.
3. Summer is a good time to quit because I watch less TV and spend more time reading and socializing in the evening when it's nice out.
3. With the baby coming, we had planned to do the whole no tv with the kid thing anyways.
4. Now we can justify a membership at our local video store. Or we might even jump on the Netflix bandwagon.

Hopefully I won't get the shakes tonight without Bravo and TLC...

3 comments:

Tib said...

Whoa! What about Lost? maybe on-line.

Mary Anne said...

I agree. You can always watch specific shows online. And Yay for Netflix. BRAVO to you!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. I lived that way for 7 years and I really miss it some days. It really does open up more time for reading, creating, and just plain relaxing with your family and friends.