Monday, June 28, 2010

Cool Rider

Jeff and I bought a Vespa! It's RAD. Quite possibly the only thing that could make it cooler would be a side car, but alas I am destined to ride backseat as a side car isn't really in the budget (and the guy at the Vespa store said that side cars are okay, "If you're trying to be a one man parade." Which was said with a snear. But dude, technically it would be a TWO MAN parade so who's the sucker now?).

I've been meaning to write about the Vespa for a while now, but kept hoping my super cool PINK VESPA JACKET would arrive so I could be photographed in all my pink glory. But the jacket has been delayed time and again and I couldn't resist posting these pics of us taken on our 6 year anniversary this weekend. My Mom, Aunt and cousin took Edie out for a steak dinner while Jeff and I took the scooter to a nearby gastro pub for an anniversary date. I enjoyed a lemon drop and moules frites, and then we took the scenic route home, scooting around town in the evening sunshine.

And PS for those of you not in the know - the post title is a Grease II reference. Shout out to Taylor Erickson! We watched this movie so many times in middle school that I'm almost certain I could still recite all the words. In fact now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure Michelle Phiffer wore a PINK JACKET while singing Cool Rider, no?


5 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Just when I thought you guys couldn't get more adorable.

Tib said...

LOVE IT!

cranky rae said...

I am SO jealous. Can you take me on a ride or what?

Kristin said...

Nice!

Erianna said...

I was hoping it would be minty green, but I guess that probably wouldn't fly with Jeff, huh?