Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Belated Thank You

I can't thank our friends enough for all the lasagnas, enchiladas, casseroles, soups, salads, muffins, take-out deliveries, and banana breads that have been delivered to our house this last month. In the last 5+ weeks, I've only had to make 2 grocery store trips, and even then just for milk and cereal. I haven't cooked anything more complicated than a bowl of oatmeal since Edie was born and honestly, I don't know how we could have made it without all of your help.

I feel so grateful to have the best of friends and supportive family. It's corny, but Edie has come into this world with the best built-in community ever. Yesterday was a rough day with the Eedster. By the time the girls came over at 7, I was pooped. But the second they swooped in, Edie was taken from my hands and bopped and cooed at until 10pm by her surrogate aunts and I was able to do things like pee, drink a glass of water and eat dinner (granted dinner was a piece (okay 2 pieces) of pie, but whatevs!). Because of them, I was able to recharge and felt myself again by the time they left.

Thankfully, we had a good night last night and today has been great. Edie went down at 11:30 last night and didn't wake up again until 3:45am. She's taken to waking around 3:30 most nights but only for a groggy meal at the boob and at the risk of an overshare, can I tell you how much I love that she has taken to breastfeeding in the side-lying position? This means that I can nod off a bit while she eats and my sleep is only mildly interrupted. After her midnight snack she has taken to falling right back to sleep and not waking again until around 7am. I don't even have to get out of bed! I just plop her into the bed with me for the 3:30 feeding and then plop her back into the cosleeper afterwards. Or, if I'm totally honest, sometimes I keep her snugged up in bed with me for her second snooze. And yes, I'm fully aware that I'm tempting fate by bragging here. In fact, Edie has been napping since 5pm and it's now 8pm, so tonight could very well be a doozy. Hopefully not, because we're aiming for another 10am mom matinee tomorrow.... wish us luck.


No comments: