Monday, August 24, 2009

Daily Note: August 24, 2009

I'm still trying to hack it at work this week, but working a full day isn't really happening. The walk to the bathroom from my office alone is about a block's distance and my hip is still being a total asshole. As a result, I worked a half day today and am now home for the afternoon. On the plus side, I think I've actually wrapped work up well enough that I could walk away at any point if needed. Leaving things in a tidy way for the event planner I hired to fill in for me has been much harder than anticipated, but I think I've got things about as good as they can get.

I had a hopeful hour around 2am last night after waking to a contraction, followed by 2 more about 20 minutes apart, but shortly thereafter I fell back asleep. Jeff says that at this rate, I'm going to give birth in slow motion, which is about how it feels. I called the doctor this afternoon (per her instructions) about having her repeat the business she conducted on Friday but they weren't able to get me in prior to my already scheduled appointment on Thursday. So unless I spontaneously go into labor prior to then, Thursday is my next check up.

In the meantime, thank you to all my friends (and my Mom!) for running errands for me, cleaning my house, coming over and entertaining me on the couch, and all that other good stuff. I HATE being dependent on others, but this is one time where I don't really have a better option and I'm really grateful.