Thursday, September 27, 2012

Orcas week - August 2012

I'm playing catch up with photos and I realized I never posted photos from our week on Orcas in early August.  Edie's daycare closes for the first 2 weeks of August every year, and since Jeff's parents were out on their boat for the week, we headed to the cabin for a full 7 days. Our plan was to be there Wed-Wed, but at the last minute, Jeff had to stay in town for meetings. I'd already done the grocery shopping and planning, so Edie and I headed up as planned, but invited Heidi to join us for the first night. Jeff joined us later on Friday and our friends Jessie and Clay came for a short visit shortly thereafter. We are still waiting for our family photos that were professionally taken that week, but are told that they are coming soon. In the meantime, I present an amateur photo shoot of our week at the cabin:
In the ferry line.









The boat action lulled her into a nap.
I was able to transfer her to Clay's lap (my arms got tired).

Gin and tonics in my classy Colt 45 cup during an evening boat cruise.
Tide pool exploring in the early morning (wearing pjs + salt water sandals).




Making brownies.
Salmonella be damned.
Building her driftwood hut.
Which she decorated in beach combed feathers and tiny dead crabs.

After a particularly triumphant jump off that little stump to her left.
Blackberry picking.



Going FAST.



Making s'mores.


Jeff teaching Edie how to wash the marshmallow off her hands (rubbing gravel between her hands in the salt water). I have no idea why it looks so dark in the marshmallow photos and light in this one.  It was dusk in all the photos.

Low tide rock climbing.
Converse for everyone!

2 comments:

lindsey. said...

Love the "going fast" boat pics.

sandralbruton said...

Are there seat belts in boats?