Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I hope you all are enjoying the last few hours of your Thanksgiving. We are on Orcas with family enjoying the end of a terrifically stormy day.

This might be inappropriate, but we have friends with a 5-day old baby boy in the NICU on life support. Their fight has been on my mind all week. I feel like I'm always reading about studies proving that prayers and thoughts by the masses really do have an impact on the fate of others in need. I'm not really the praying kind, but if you are, please say one for baby Hank. And if you aren't? Send a hopeful thought his way tonight. Perhaps the universe can will him to health.

If ever I needed a more painful reminder for all I have to be thankful for, this is it. I hope this time next year our friends are celebrating their second Thanksgiving as a family of 3.

2 comments:

lindsey. said...

Sending thoughts of hope and strength to your friends and their sweet baby boy.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Culver family! Hope Orcas was lovely.

Susan said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jill! Hope your friends little one is a fighter. We're sending thoughts and prayers that he will grow strong and healthy, and have many happy Thanksgiving's ahead of him!