Friday, November 11, 2011

Applesauce

So, I'm not usually an applesauce fan. I like it okay, but I'd never go out of my way to buy it. It's typically a little too mushy and the consistency is so repetitive. But a while back I bought Trader Joe's "Big and Chunky Applesauce", thinking maybe Edie would be into it. She wasn't.
BUT I WAS. I want to marry this applesauce and have babies with it. And then I would eat them.

My favorite ways to enjoy this delicious apple sauce:

1. Spooned on top of my oatmeal instead of brown sugar.

2. I made pancakes today but after mixing the milk in, realized I'd used my last egg yesterday. I stirred a few big spoons of the applesauce instead and thought, "what the hell!" and YUM. They are a little flatter for missing the eggs, but I spooned more applesauce on top and sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar (which we keep premixed in a spice far for sprinkling on toast) and these are my new favorite pancakes. Next time I will add the cinnamon and sugar right in to the pancake mix before cooking.

3. I haven't tried this, but I think it would be delicious on vanilla ice cream.

You're welcome.

3 comments:

sandralbruton said...

Buy some for your grandma at Christmas, she'd love it.

lindsey. said...

Agreed. That stuff is awesome.

Tib said...

I will have to check it out. We like applesauce on our Trader Joe's pork cutlets.