Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daily Note: March 7, 2009

Lots of pregnancy books talk about how sometimes the significant other will develop "sympathy pains" while you are pregnant. Truthfully, this sounded like bullshit to me. Jeff isn't some crazy hypochondriac, and he doesn't really ever get sick. So imagine my horror when I came home from work last night to find my husband lounging in the comfy chair, TV on, sipping MY gingerale and nibbling meekly on MY saltines. The better you know Jeff, the more shocking you will find this discovery. He said he'd felt on the verge of throwing up all day and was really tired. My reaction was a mixture of outrage (I'M the sick one!!) and pure puzzlement (Is Jeff crazy?). In the end I settled on mockery and total amusement.

PS: Happy birthday Kristin! Wish we could be there with you today, but I know we're all looking forward to the belated celebration on the 21st.

No comments: