Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm leaving on a Jet Plane

I had a FANTASTIC weekend away with "the girls" at my parents' new cottage in Birch Bay. Perhaps a better word would be dorktastic, because we played board games, drank lots of champagne, had dance parties, cooked tasty food, walked on the beach (in the sun!!) and viewed the Disney movie Enchanted from a giant make-shift bed consisting of a sectional couch and queen sized aerobed sandwiched together. No raging nights out for these girls, but it was such a lovely break.

Edie decided to keep her Grandparents up all night instead of us for the weekend. Hopefully she also charmed them with her daytime behavior. I stopped by for a 20 minute squeeze on my way through town today. Tonight she's sleeping at my parents's house - making a tour of the Bellingham grandparents. I leave at dawn tomorrow for three nights in California (work). Edie will be safely delivered back to Jeffrey tomorrow after work so he can stay up all night while I sleep off the last 5 weeks of exhaustion in a fancy resort. La di da!

Joking aside, I already miss Edie and am feeling a little preemptively sad about being away until Thursday night. (tempered with a little excitement about temperatures in the 60s and 70s)

No comments: