Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cake

Two cake recipes I'd like to share with you:

1. The chocolate buttermilk cake recipe I used for Edie's birthday cake. I don't think I've posted this yet, so I'm doing it now. This seriously was the best plain-old-chocolate cake I've ever had. I also liked it paired with the cream cheese frosting recipe they recommend, but it would be good with chocolate frosting too. The only credit I can take is for finding the recipe and following it to a tee, but it came out ridiculously moist and lasted for days post-party. I recommend trying it the next time you're thinking of picking up a box mix:
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/chocolate-buttermilk-cake-425


2. Spiced Applesauce Cake from the Smitten Kitchen blog. I saw this recipe and knew I must make it. It was a simple, falltastic cake that's great for a weekday. If you have homemade applesauce I bet it would be even better (I used store bought unsweetened applesauce)!
http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/10/spiced-applesauce-cake/

1 comment:

cranky rae said...

That chocolate cake changed how I feel about cake in general. Which used to be ambivalent. Best chocolate cake I've ever had, hands down.