Friday, September 12, 2014

Piggies

These piggies area ready for Hawaii!!


I said goodbye to Edie this morning when she and Jeff left for school. My Mom picked her up early and took her and my niece Caroline back to Bellingham for a cousins weekend. I feel very lucky to have 2 sets of grandparents nearby who love Edie to pieces. And I also love so much that I've raised this incredibly well adjusted kid who didn't have a problem saying goodbye to her parents (but DID say that she loves me and will be happy to see me when we get back). I think I was more sentimental than her saying goodbye. Actually, I know I was. I always feel a little emotional about getting a plane to leave her behind, but I'm also so much looking forward to reconnecting with Jeff for some QT in a place that hopefully demands nothing of us but relaxation.

We leave tomorrow morning, but I've scheduled a few posts for the next week while we're gone so do check back once in a while! 

2 comments:

lindsey. said...

I admire you for doing this because I'm too much of a wimp to do it myself. Go, have fun, reconnect, relax... Edie will have so much fun and you & Jeff deserve this. Safe travels! Xo!

sandralbruton said...

Your daughter gets this too (about you and Jeff.) You are lucky. She's a dream guest. And you are right, we do love her to pieces. I should take a photo for you of our LR right now with all your dolls and doll clothes all over the floor!@#>?! xoxo