Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 Fail

Wow. We've had our asses handed to us this week. Edie fell first when she woke on Saturday with a cold and then decided that she was incapable of sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time without either coughing herself into a gagging rage or just generally being pissed and crying about her stuffy nose. After 2 nights of sleeplessness, I came down with what I'm now calling The Plague of 2011. Things peaked on Monday when both Edie and I were raging with fevers, and just generally feeling like we wanted to die. Edie didn't exactly articulate her feelings as such, but I'm pretty sure that's what she was trying to say by not even lifting her head off my shoulder the entire day. This from a girl who does not snuggle. Motrin barely put a dent in her 103.5 fever and I felt so bad watching her suffer. While things have improved since then, only just. Edie has transitioned into a wet cough and continues her night time rages every few hours. I have moved on from the flu into a cold that makes all my Ms into Bs and I have begun chewing with my mouth open in order to breath. Oh, and you should hear the symphony of coughs that we create at night! It's epic. Jeff is loving life and buying stock in Baby Motrin. Which reminds me, every time I feed Edie a dropper full of grape Motrin, I remember this story that may or may not be true - Maggie: Did your brother once drink an entire bottle of Dimetapp? And all it did was make him gassy?

Bare with us as we wrap up this pity party. I hope to get back to posting regularly soon.

Yours sincerely,

Mouth Breather Culver

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope you guys get better soon! We've just got to get Edie and Hannah together.

cranky rae said...

True story! Foulest farts ever farted.

That sucks, dude. Hope you and Edie are on the mend soon.

lindsey. said...

MBC,

Hope you are all feeling better soon! When Marina had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago, we bought one of those humidifier things for her room. We got the Vicks brand and we used some of their eucalyptus oil medicine stuff in it and it really seemed to help her. Made the whole house feel a little damp and steamy like Florida but seemed to help her!

P.S. What is up with Maggie's brother? Drinking entire bottles of Dimetapp and unleashing pepper spray on the house, forcing us to evacuate.