Fudgey Brownie Cookies
You will need:
- 1 package fudge/dark chocolate brownie mix
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted, cooled
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (I used chocolate chips)
- Whisk together flour, brownie mix and brown sugar.
- Using a heavy spoon (I used the paddle attachment on my Kitchen Aid), stir in eggs one at a time. Followed by butter and 2 tablespoons water. If the batter appears like there is too much flour add 1 more tablespoon of water. Batter will be very thick.
- Fold in chocolate chunks
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (I skipped this step and just put the bowl in the fridge while the oven preheated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet (don't skip this step!)
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough on the cookie sheet, you want pretty thick cookies here to get the brownie feel, about 3 inches apart. Press down slightly. Don’t flatten completely.(I rolled mine into balls and didn't press down and they turned out perfect) Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely - PSHAW! Eat immediately because the gooey centers are the best part.
Full disclosure - recipe found on http://www.lifesambrosia.com/
Thankfully for my current healthy lifestyle project, these are almost all going to a friend who recently had a baby - Hi Sarah! People who are getting no sleep and breastfeeding earn extra calories in the form of chocolate brownie cookies.