Monday, September 26, 2011

Life List

I just got very inspired reading this post at Rage Against the Minivan. A Life List! Genius! Except, I find the length of my quickly typed up list a little daunting. And I'm not taking a seminar, or attending the conference in which I learn how to make all this shit happen for me. But still! I look at this list, and with every item on it, I'm like YES - let's DO THAT!


Jill's Life List:
Learn to play guitar
Learn to speak French
Live abroad for 6-12months
Take Edie to an outdoor concert that isn't just geared to kids - someone we all like! Feist?
Raise my daughter to be comfortable in her own skin and not worry overly about thigh dimples and such
Work for Oprah
Travel through Greece and eat lots of feta
Own a boat (important: not a lake boat - an ocean faring vessel please)
Finish our (effing) house
Have a closet made to house the 21st century wardrobe
Own a California King sized bed
Live in New York City for a brief period of time
Adopt someone who's aged out of the foster care system (this one makes me a bit nervous, but it is something I've always thought I wanted to do later in life)
Go to South Africa
Write a novel
Hire a house cleaner who does things like clean the soap scum out of my shower
Regain some of my ability to dance ballet
Volunteer regularly at a soup kitchen type place where I feed hungry people
Participate in a flash dance mob
Travel to Europe with Edie and Jeff
When my parents get old and need me, be there for them in a way that leaves me with little or no regrets in my old age
Have a play room separate from my living room (seems shallow after previous item)
Own and operate a successful event venue in Seattle
Act in a play (as an adult - high school and college don't count)


So now you've seen my list, but I'd love love love it if you wrote your own and posted it on your own blog or in the comments here. Or even just list the top 5 things that come to mind. If you post something on your own blog, link it in the comments please?


3 comments:

lindsey. said...

I love this! It made me smile. And I love the one about adopting a kid who has aged-out of the system. I've always harbored a bit of a Blind Side dream myself. I'll work on my list and post up on my blog. Great post!

Erin said...

Sounds like a fun exercise -- I'll give it a whirl.

sandralbruton said...

LOVE your list contents!